COME TO THE R.O.C.K. GLUTEN-FREE "POTLUCK" PICNIC!
Date: Sunday, July 13th, 2014
LOCATION: Como Shelter, St. Paul, MN - outdoor park shelter, which is located across the street from ComoTown
11am - gather, set up food, PLAY (get to know names ice breaker game /yard games)
12 noon - EAT POTLUCK LUNCH
1pm - PLAY more games - bubble gum blowing contest, shoe kicking contest, and bubble blowing, frisbee, bocce ball, your choice.
2-2:30pm - clean up, go to Como Town, the Zoo, the Conservatory, ride the famous Carosel ...or go home.
Stay to make a day of it at COMO PARK's attractions, including:
- ComoTown, http://www.comotown.com/ (carnival rides, face painting, etc - not free)
- The famous Cafesjian's Carosel, http://www.ourfaircarousel.org/ (only $1.50 per ride)
- Como Park Zoo & Conservatory. http://www.comozooconservatory.org/ (The Zoo/Conservatory takes donations for admission, otherwise it is FREE.)
What to bring:
- GLUTEN-FREE dish to share
- beverages and plates and utencils for your family
- meat to grill - if your family would like hamburgers or hotdogs, etc
- frisbee(s) and any other outdoor favorites
RSVP via email to
with how many in your family will be coming and what you plan to bring
If interested in staying to go to ComoTown, I'm checking on a group discount.
This is a great opportunity for your children to meet others who are living with Celiac Disease and eating Gluten-Free.
Twin Cities ROCK is happy to announce we will be helping raise gluten-free awareness at the Minnesota State Fair this year.
ROCK, the Celiac Center of Minnesota and The Savvy Celiac are partnering to assemble the 2014 list of State Fair Gluten Free Food & Vendors. This opportunity also means we will be staffing a gluten-free awareness booth for 12 straight days (August 21- September 1, 2014) and we need your help!
Volunteers will host games, hand out prizes, hand out our gluten-free food list and educate folks on the gluten-free lifestyle, gluten sensitivity and celiac disease. We need between 100-150 volunteers to follow through with our commitment. This equates to 2-3 volunteers for each 3-hour shift. We will have four shifts per day.
What do volunteers receive?
- FREE entry to the Minnesota State Fair for the day in which they volunteer,
- FREE t-shirt. Volunteers need to be 12-years old and up and have knowledge of the gluten-free diet.
- Eligibility for a daily volunteer prize drawing
CLICK HERE to VOLUNTEER for the Minnesota State Fair Gluten Free Awareness Booth!
With nearly 60,000 people coming through the HealthFair11 Building during the fair, this is a GREAT opportunity to spread awareness about the gluten-free lifestyle, and gluten-related disorders like non-celiac gluten sensitivity and celiac disease.
We look forward to working with you at the State Fair!
ROCK Support Group Meeting Details
ROCK support group meetings help all of the members put faces to names we see in our Yahoo email group. Often the face-to-face conversation covers many celiac/gluten-free subjects, is more in-depth plus we often share great gluten-free treats!
Your next meeting is:
July 10th, 2014
7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Fresh & Natural Foods
Shoreview Village Mall, 1075 West Highway 96
Shoreview, MN 55126 See Map
Fresh and Natural Foods is a great place to shop. They have a high awareness of gluten free.
Regular ROCK meetings are held the second Thursday of every other month. The upcoming 2014 meeting dates are: July 10, September 11, and November 13.